Sunday, November 30, 2014

Homemade Potpourri/deodorizer





 My family and I make a lot of homemade potpourris, my favorite to make is one with coffee. Coffee works as a deodorizer, deodorizers absorbs and eliminate offense odors, leaving your room or any area you place one in with a fresh clean scent. I place my homemad coffee ones in my freezer, gym bag, car, random places in my home & even in my garbage bin.
You can make your very own coffee potpourri using any ingredients you like, here's the recipe I really like to use, especially during the fall.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

Whole coffee beans (I used Two Volcanoes coffee)
An Orange
a pair of stockings
a pair of scissors
a citrus zester ( I used Chef Proven Lemon/cheese grater)
Vanilla extract
Measuring spoons
mixing bowl
coffee grinder

First I used the Chef Proven zester to "zest" the orange.
Then I took 1 cup of coffee beans and put them in the coffee grinder.
mix the orange zest and coffee to your liking, then add your vanilla extract and keep mixing.
Then take the stocking and cut about 4-5 inches up from the foot of the stocking and add you rmixture. Tie the end and add any string or garland you like to dress it up. You can aso make mini deodorizers like I did by splitting up your mixture.

You can use lemon, limes & grapefruit for this and add any fragrance oils you'd like!! For some of mine I've used pumpkin spice frangrance oil just to stick with the fall them I have in my house right now.  Dress them up and give them as gifts to your friends and family. Don't forget to pop one in your shoe closet!!! lol!





 You can purchase the lemon zester from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MWF0PK6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1


The Two Volcanoes Coffe from Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NX2BYFW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1





I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment