Saturday, January 14, 2012

How to whiten your teeth at home



 We all want beautiful nice teeth...  And don't want to pay outrageous amounts of money the dentists are charging... And the whitening teeth strips are still kind of pricey!  So I have a simple solution that most people buy when they go to the grocery store... *Talk to your dentist before doing any of this* I know the pic up top may look a little out of place.. But you will see soon why I have that pic instead of peroxide!!!

Strawberries:
 Brush your teeth like you normally would, and then brush your teeth with mashed up strawberries. Be sure to rinse your mouth of all strawberry particles because the natural sugars and acid fromthe fruit can harm your teeth if left on there for too long.

Lemons:
 Brush your teeth like you normally would,   Cut a lemon in fours and bite into it *I know it's bitter, but it helps whiten teeth* do it for like 3-5 mins... Be sure to rinse your mouth just like you did with strawberries the acid from the lemons can eat away at your enamel.

Baking soda:
 Use your favorite toothpaste and place it on your toothbrush.. Take some baking soda and place it on your toothpaste  and brush your teeth as normal...

Hydrogen Peroxide:
 You can mix baking soda and peroxide together to whiten your teeth, make it into a paste and brush your teeth as normal... I suggest that you brush your teeth again with your fav toothpaste after, try not to use something that has "whitening" agents in it.

 Now this last one is a far stretch but it works..  I'm from the hood and honestly most of my life I lived in apartments and never had a fire place.. (Yes I have also lived in the burbs and lived in houses and had fire places.. but the hood is where I am from) lol But for this you need a fire place or fire pit....

Wood Ash:
 It cannot be soft wood ash.. it has to be hard wood ash. Brushing your teeth with this too much can cause enamel damage so be carefuland I would only recommend this once a month. Wood ash contains  potassium hydroxide aka LYE  which whitens teeth!  I have never personally tried this one.. But if you have let me know how it goes!!! :)

 Avoid stains on your teeth by brushing 3 times a day and drinking light colored fluids. Avoid coffee, choclate, tea, dark sodas... etc.. If you can't avoid these things try drinking with a straw. sounds crazy but a straw helps the fluid avoid your teeh!!!! ^______^

3 comments:

  1. would have never guessed strawberries, lemon (expecially with all the acid), and wood ash could help whiten teeth! Learn something new everyday!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool I tried the baking soda and seen results every one loves my smile ....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good information and I never knew about the good info strawberries or wood ash!

    ReplyDelete