Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector Review





I was supposed to write this review forever ago!!! I am so sorry to those who have been waiting.

Let's just get started.

   I purchased the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector (Very long name)  from Sephora for $36. Before I made my purchase I did my research to make sure it was good for someone with my skin type (oil truck). This is a water based primer which immediately told me that it was for someone like me. When I got it I thought it looked pretty thick and it reminded me of a silicone based primer until I was able to warm it up and place it on my skin. Now all of the reviews and directions I read said to place it on spots where one will get oily, in my case all over my face.
 I had first tried the primer with my Revlon Color Stay foundation and it was a no no. I had splotches on my face where I placed the primer. It was so uneven and I was super dry throughout the whole day, too dry to be exact. The second day I tried the primer with my Chanel Perfecion lumiere foundation and my skin loved it. My face did not get to dry, there weren't any splotches and I was able to actually move my face. The 3rd day I used the Maybelline fit me matte and poreless and again my skin was not happy with the combination. I applied both products fast so I could avoid the splotches but they still happened once the foundation dried. I had major creasing around my nose also. I had a theory I wanted to test out so I went and purchased the loreal Lo'real Lumi Magique to see if my theory held true.  This combination was another amazing combination. I had no issues what-so-ever. This is now my go-to combination.

  The theory I had was the primer worked best with foundations for dry skin, really dewy foundations and not foundations for oily skin. I only tested 4 foundations but my theory seems like it holds true. There was no creasing of the makeup, no blotches and my application was very smooth.


APPLICATION:

Take a pea sized amount, warm it up between your fingers and tap it on your face. Let dry for 1-3 minutes and the apply foundation. If you use a matter finish foundation with this primer you will have to apply your foundation pretty fast.

 I gave Becca Ever Matte primer a 4 out of 5 stars only because I don't own many dewy finish foundations so I had to purchase some. I also typically apply my foundation pretty fast but I really needed to speed up the process to get a nice even coverage.

I would recommend this foundation for those with oily skin. If you have dry skin this foundation is not for you.






Photo credit: RichChocolate1

No comments:

Post a Comment